Request a quote
What we offer
RNA sequencing analyzes the transcriptome and is therefore a quantitative determination of the presence and quantity of a transcribed gene in a biological sample at a given moment. The expression of the transcriptome provides the basis for the identity of a cell and the associated functionality and we are happy to share a couple of details about our workflow with you.
We focus on two different approaches for RNA Seq library prep, sequencing of total RNA or RNA enriched for coding genes:
- TruSeq Stranded Total RNA (with Ribo-Zero Globin) (Illumina)
- TruSeq Stranded Total RNA (Illumina)
- followed by the xGen hybridization capturing of the xGen Exome Research Panel v2 (IDT)
At MLLSEQ, sequencing is performed using the Illumina sequencing by synthesis method on the latest generation of sequencing devices, the NovaSeq 6000. Sequencing Coverage is depending on the respective application and research question.
Among other things, in this step we provide you with browser-based tools for the comprehensive analysis options:
- bcl2fastq (Demultiplexing)
- STAR Aligner (Alignment)
- Arriba, Manta, STAR-Fusion (Variant calling: Fusions)
- Cufflinks 2 (Variant calling: expression estimates)
- rMats (alternative splicing)
- cnvkit (Variant calling: CNV)